MedEdits | Medical School Admissions Consulting

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Medical School Admission Success Rate

By Jessica Freedman MD, www.MedEdits.com

When prospective clients call me for help, they often ask about my "success rate." My standard answer when asked this question is that we don't quote success rates because if my primary concern was about achieving a certain success rate, then I would be limited to working only with clients who were sure to gain admission to medical school. In other words, this would prevent me from working with clients who weren't a "sure thing" because they had a less than stellar MCAT or GPA. It would also prevent me from working with clients who really needed the help.

Out of curiosity, I decided to run the numbers from the 2009/2010 application season. Interestingly, of the clients who worked with me comprehensively, from start to finish throughout the entire application process, 95% were accepted to medical school. Congratulations to you all.