MedEdits | Medical School Admissions Consulting

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Medical School Interviews: Tales From The Trail

Interviewer: "So, tell me how you feel about moving to city XXX."

Applicant: "Well. My first choice would be to go to medical school in my home state because that would be cheaper. If I don't get in there, I will consider my other options including moving to city XXX."

Wrong answer.

When visiting schools, read their websites and know, specifically, what about the school interests you. Medical schools are trying to not only recruit the best applicants but are also trying to recruit students who will be a good fit for their school.

Research the city you are visiting. You must convince your interviewer that you are enthusiastic about living in that city.

Never make a school seem like a second choice or your backup. If you do, you are likely to end up on the wait or rejection list.

For personalized help with interview preparation, visit www.MedEdits.com. We are proud of our clients this season who are having great success and will all be valuable members of the medical community in the near future.