MedEdits | Medical School Admissions Consulting

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Medical School Secondary Essays

I heard I should complete all of my secondary essays within 24 hours of receiving them.
I heard the secondaries don't matter.
I heard the secondaries are the most important part of the application.

Needless to say, there are many myths about secondary essays floating around. Alot of them, like those above, are not true. Every piece of your application is important and the most important part is largely dependent on the perspective of the person reviewing your documents. This is why I encourage my clients to put equal effort and thought into everything they submit. Don't rush your writing; inevitably, this leads to sloppy work and weak documents.

Read my previous posts on secondary essays.

I would also like to congratulate our 2010 medical school applicants who have already received interviews at medical schools including Yale, Vanderbilt, Ohio State and Duke. Click Here to see where MedEdits' medical school applicants have interviews.

I am no longer accepting new clients this summer and if you are interested in working with me on interview preparation this fall, please retain my services soon. If you would like to work with me for the 2011/2012 admissions season, please contact me. Each year, I stop accepting clients earlier in the season as more people learn about my clients' success. Read a sampling of my testimonials.

Visit: MedEdits