MedEdits | Medical School Admissions Consulting

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Medical School Admissions: The Importance of Applying Early and When To Take The MCAT

I cannot stress enough the importance of applying early to gain admission to medical school. As I explain to my clients, you will increase your chances of receiving interviews if you are considered in a smaller pool of applicants. Clients with roughly the same stats and accomplishments tend to have greater success when they apply early versus late. This also means taking the MCAT as early as possible. Remember, if you take an August MCAT, this puts you in the "late bucket" of applications. While applicants have success if they take the August MCAT, you will optimize your chances of success if you take an earlier exam.

I encourage clients to retain my services as soon as possible for the 2009/2010 application season. Because of my clients' success this year, I expect to become booked as next season progresses. Ideally, you should submit applications in early June for the 2009/2010 season.

If you are applying this year and have either not received interviews or have only received waitlists thus far, you must also start thinking about reapplying if this becomes necessary.

Visit: www.MedEdits.com